The skin is the largest organ of our body.
It plays a role in defense through the skin barrier, in perception through its sensory receptors, and in the purification of toxins from the body through sweat. Its good health is fundamental to our overall balance.
When it is neglected, imbalances can occur, resulting in itching, redness, pimples, wrinkles, blackheads... Not always easy to deal with!
How to take care of your skin naturally? With skin renewal every 28 days, it is possible to act. Here we share our skin care tips.
Determining Your Skin Type
We commonly distinguish 4 main skin types. It is important to identify yours in order to understand its needs.
• Dry: it lacks sebum, which creates tightness, discomfort, and redness and can also flake. Normal: it is smooth, the appearance is regular. To the touch, it is neither oily nor dry.
• Combination: the T-zone (forehead, nose, chin) may be shiny and have imperfections (pimples, enlarged pores, blackheads...). The rest of the facial skin is normal.
• Oily: the entire skin is shiny, and imperfections appear. To this are added "skin states" that overlap these 4 main types of skin and can change according to the season, our age, our lifestyle habits, hormonal fluctuations...
• Dehydrated: the epidermis lacks water. There is a temporary feeling of tightness, fine lines around the eyes and lips at the end of the day, areas where the skin is particularly fragile.
• Sensitive: it heats up quickly and shows redness.
• With imperfections: the skin texture is irregular, with frequent appearance of pimples, blackheads, and small red spots...
• Mature: the skin lacks elasticity, it is slackened. Wrinkles and spots may appear.
Take the time to observe your skin and if you are in doubt, do not hesitate to consult a specialist.
How Often Should You Clean It?
The skin on your face is in constant contact with pollution, makeup, and sweat, and should be cleaned daily, 1 to 2 times a day. Choose a product (vegetable oil, milk, soap...) that respects your skin and its pH.
You can also exfoliate your skin to oxygenate it by freeing it from impurities and dead cells. Dry or sensitive skin may be satisfied with a monthly exfoliation, while other skin types can do it once a week.
aking Care of It from the Inside
A good night's sleep, a calm nervous system, and a diet rich in vitamins and antioxidants are essential for the beauty of your skin. Unfortunately, our plates contain too few "beautiful skin" nutrients, which is why we have designed the Luminous Skin Cure. It contains all the micronutrients essential for the mineralization and preservation of the skin:
• Vitamins A, C, E, and zinc: essential antioxidants to fight against skin inflammation, acne, and imperfections. This combination also makes the skin more elastic and supple.
• Hydrolyzed marine collagen, a form very well assimilated by the skin to protect it and prevent its aging.
Choose Hypoallergenic Makeup
Opt for "hypoallergenic" products designed to minimize the risk of allergies. These formulas are free of 26 fragrant substances recognized as sensitizing by the European Commission. Also, consider cosmetics with the shortest possible ingredient list. You can also decipher product labels to guide your choices using apps such as INCI Beauty and Mireille…
Protect Your Skin
The skin is exposed to external elements that weaken it:
• UV rays: too intense sun exposure accelerates aging and can cause deep damage. In summer, protect yourself with a hat, and try to avoid the sun during the most intense hours of exposure (11 AM – 4 PM). You can also use formulas with SPF included.
• Cold: it dries out the skin, which can become red and react with rosacea. In winter, apply a repairing cream.
• Pollution: fine particles penetrate and unbalance the skin barrier. As a result, the skin can dehydrate and age faster. Consider applying protective care and regularly cleansing your skin deeply, in addition to your daily cleaning.
Regenerate It with Homemade Masks with Super Ingredients
Pamper your skin with face masks incorporating natural ingredients known for their benefits since "the dawn of time."
• Aloe vera to soothe and regenerate.
• Shea butter to nourish.
• Honey to purify and prevent imperfections as it has antibacterial properties.
• Clay to purify and mineralize your epidermis. Oily and normal skin should turn to green clay for its regulating effect, while dry and sensitive skin should choose white or pink clay. Using a spray, regularly spritz water on your mask during application; do not let the clay dry as it would have a demineralizing effect on your face.
Regularly Hydrate Your Skin
A dehydrated skin is thirsty and this can concern any type of skin (even oily!). Tightness, fine lines at the end of the day... Too often dehydrated, it can age prematurely. It is therefore fundamental to hydrate it in the morning with a suitable moisturizing cream and throughout the day by drinking enough water (1.5 L) and consuming fruits and vegetables full of water.
Taking care of your skin naturally requires attention and a holistic approach with internal and external care. Take the time to observe it and find a routine and products that suit you... It will then reveal all its radiance!